Monday, September 26, 2016

Back Again....

Hi

After a three day stay in hospital and a few weeks at home I'm now back from my operation/recovery.

Unfortunately while I was in hospital the hosting company for my website "Railways in Vietnam"  decided to suspend my account! This hopefully has now been sorted out.

Unfortunately I cannot access my website through Firefox or Microsoft Edge but can access it through TOR (if you don't know what TOR is, try googling). I hope you're having better luck than me in accessing Railways In Vietnam.

My operation and the access problems have also meant "Re-Unification Express" No. 7 is delayed as well. It will happen but I'm not giving a firm date. Of course if you can't access the website then you can't access the e-mag anyway.

I will continue to communicate with my host and hopefully full access will be restored.

In the meantime I've done a little more work on my Ga Hong Ha model and have started doing the drawings for the background market building (Cho Hong Ha) based on the market at Phan Rang.


I've also been doing various bits and pieces on the layout such as installing power poles, fences, ugrading scenery etc and have replaced a couple of buildings with new ones and moved a couple of other buildings around. 

I don't know about you but I'm not a great fan of electrical work, but I've finally decided to bite the bullet and install a proper 'twin cab' system for the layout rather than the temporary one I have at the moment. Remembering that I have to be careful when I bend over because the operation was on my neck, this will take a little time, but seeing I'm retired that shouldn't be a problem. My time is my own (or at least some of it - the rest belongs to "she who must be obeyed").

Hopefully everything will be back to normal soon.

Until next time....

David

No comments:

Post a Comment